Are you looking for an educational summer camp that is both fun and enriching for your child?
Welcome to S.A.M Learning Centre!
Montreal’s #1 FUN and EDUCATIONAL SUMMER CAMP!
Fun-with-Phonics is a summer camp teaching children ages 5-10 how to read and write the English language. We want to prepare your child by teaching them the language of the world. Our camp offers a fun and interactive, small classroom experience where your child will learn English literacy using the Jolly Phonics Program. Phonics is known to be the most effective method of teaching children to read and write by learning the sounds of letters and letter pairings. “We decided to use the internationally recognized Jolly Phonics program at Fun-with-Phonics because of its interactive, hands-on and multisensory approach. This method is effective but it is also fun and engaging for young children, which is consistent with our teaching philosophy at S.A.M Learning Centre”, says Anastasia Sartzetaki, Centre Director.
Math & Science Fun Club
In addition to the morning English literacy session, we introduce an afternoon of adventure and excitement with our Math & Science Fun Club. Afternoon sessions will be filled with interactive games, puzzles, and experiments relating to math and science, including some highly recognized guests whose specialty is to conduct captivating science experiments.
We are thrilled to reveal our continued collaboration with the reputable Mad Science.
Mad Science is well known for its animated and interactive science-related activities. Stimulating a child’s curiosity is the most interesting way for a child to discover the world around them. This is only one part of our adventurous afternoons...more collaborations to follow!
Our schedule for the Math & Science Fun Club for 2020.
Below is an outline of the weekly fun and interesting topics your child will be exploring with us; As well as the Mad Science experiments being presented every 2nd week. (http://montreal.madscience.org)
9 Weeks !
- Week 1: June 29 - July 3: Health and the Five Senses
- Week 2: July 6 - July 10: Animals (mammals, reptiles, insects, birds, creepy crawlers, sea and nocturnal animals) & Habitats - Mad Science: All About Animals
- Week 3: July 13 - July 17: Prehistoric Animals
- Week 4: July 20 - July 24: Weather & the Four Seasons o Mad Science: Walloping Weather
- Week 5: July 27 - July 31: Environmental Awareness
- Week 6: Aug 3 - Aug 7: Spy Science - Mad Science: Optical Illusions
- Week 7: Aug 10 - Aug 14: Life Cycles
- Week 8: Aug 17 - Aug 21: The Solar System o Mad Science: Moon and Stars
- Week 9: Aug 24 - Aug 28: TBD